Production Associate II
M.A. Silva USA is looking for a Production Associate to join their highly motivated and fun team in Santa Rosa. M.A. Silva is a leading provider of closures and glass to the wine, beer and spirits industry and just recently has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay.
Process all jobs as per the work order, selecting proper die, programs and machine functions as needed for each operation. Reading the job traveler before processing corks is mandatory.
- Process all paperwork completely and accurately.
- Set up, tear down and clean equipment as needed for standard operation.
- Monitor machinery and equipment to ensure they are up and running at all times to meet productivity goals. Continuous checking and cleaning is expected.
- Verify and adjust levels of ink, silicon, SO2, etc. as needed to produce a quality product.
- Take every action needed to avoid mixing corks. This includes line clearings between jobs.
- Maintain a clean and organized working area though out the shift.
- End of day clean up where every part of the production and warehouse area is left in a tour ready state for customers who may tour after shifts’ end.
- Participate in physical & year end inventory activities.
- Support production team when required in other warehouse and production duties.
- Other tasks as assign by the supervisor.
OPERATION SPECIFIC SUMMARY AND DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRINTING: Ink print/ fire brand corks as per required in the job traveler and SOP’s. Insure highest quality print image possible.
- Select next job on the production schedule in date order.
- Complete jobs at least one day before the date shown on the job traveler.
- Select appropriate die for printing/ branding, use corks assigned by QA.
- Ensure accurate count so that only the required quantities are printed/ branded.
- Process rush orders by putting printed corks on fans as needed and moving corks into humidity room in a timely fashion.
- Complete all paper work and place printed/ branded job travelers in tray on humidity room wall at the end of each shift.
COATING: To ensure that the coating process provides the corks with an optimum coating layer to protect the corks from contamination and to make the insertion process at the customer’s site easier.
- Inspect corks before coating process to ensure dryness of the ink to avoid ink smearing
- Read job traveler before processing to insure correct program is used for any specific requirements noted.
- Run “clearing hog” and inspect coating machines between production runs to avoid mixing corks from different customers.
- Perform regular cleaning of the coating machines.
PACKAGING: Responsible for the bagging, sealing, boxing and shipping of daily customer orders in a timely manner with the correct labels and shipping address.
- Ensure that the corks have the proper moisture level before they are put into a sealed bag.
- Inspect machines between production runs to avoid mixing corks from different customers.
- Ensure each bag gets the proper amount of SO2.
- Double check that each box contains the proper corks and quantity that it is labeled for.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical ability to conduct basic preventative maintenance
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL OPERATIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to focus on tasks with a high level of detail
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze data and information
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, twist, and lift
If you meet these requirements and feel that you are a fit for our fast paced, dynamic team then we’d like to hear from you! This is a regular full-time position with benefits eligibility after 60 days.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Tasting Room AssociateTrisaetum WineryNewberg, OR, United StatesMar 21
Fine Wine SalespersonMa(i)sonry Napa ValleyYountville, CA, United StatesMar 20
Production Associate IIM.A. SilvaSanta Rosa, CA, United StatesMar 16
Customer Experience CoordinatorAll American ContainersWindsor, CA, United StatesMar 16
Operations and Grape Sales AdministratorTurrentine BrokerageNovato, CA, United StatesMar 16
Client/Membership Services CoordinatorWine Industry NetworkHealdsburg, CA, United StatesMar 03
Customer Service RepresentativeMonvera Glass DécorNapa, CA, United StatesFeb 23
Data Entry ClerkWine Industry NetworkHealdsburg, CA, United StatesMar 14
Sales Account Manager for Growing Glass Packaging CompanyRecruiting Associates NetworkNapa, CA, United StatesFeb 28
Inventory Management CoordinatorFree Flow WinesNapa, CAMar 06