Harvest Cellar Worker
Position Summary: The Harvest Cellar Intern for Boisset is responsible for the daily activities associated with the production of fine wine, taking direction from the Winemakers, Cellar Master, and other production staff as needed. Through the course of the harvest, these activities will include crushing, pressing, pump-overs, draining and shoveling tanks, performing tank additions, punch-downs, cleaning, barrel filling and maintenance and other fermentation and aging tasks as needed.
- Perform general activities during the grape harvest, which may include some or all of the following: functioning as weigh master at the grape scale; operating all stations at the crush pad from emptying bins and gondolas to monitoring the crusher/distemper; operating presses; operating pumps; monitoring the sorting table; moving dumpsters and other equipment; retrieving tank samples as requested, and other tasks as needed.
- Perform general activities during the fermentation and aging process, which may include some or all of the following: moving juice/must from the crushers and/or presses to fermentation tanks; monitoring tanks for temperature control and fermentation progress; racking and performing pump-overs; moving must from the tanks to the presses; filtering, fining, and stabilizing; and other tasks as specified.
- Perform general activities associated with the barrel aging program: washing, sulfuring, filling, topping, keeping inventory, moving and emptying barrels, receiving new barrels, and discarding older barrels.
- Perform general tasks related to cellar maintenance and cleaning; monitoring cellar supplies and equipment; participating in safety presentations and training; and assisting winemakers in other tasks as needed.
- Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.Necessary Skills:Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively participate in one-on-one and small groups situations.Math:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Logic:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.Computer:
- Computer skills required on a daily basis for timekeeping, basic knowledge recommended. Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
- High School diploma or GED; or 1-3 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance may be required. Physical Requirements:
- Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for working safely around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment. Work Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. Schedule and Travel Requirements:
- Variable schedule: Primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
- Position does not require overnight travel.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Northeast Technical Sales RepresentativeGUSMER ENTERPRISES, INC.New York StateApr 21
DTC - Customer Service CoordinatorKapcsandy Family WineryYountville, CA, United StatesApr 14
Site CoordinatorMilestone Events GroupSanta Rosa, CA, United StatesApr 13
Tasting Room AssociatePapapietro Perry WineryHealdsburg, CA, United StatesApr 06
Tasting Room ManagerCinnabar WinerySaratoga, CA, United StatesApr 05
Harvest Cellar WorkerBoisset CollectionSanta Rosa, CA, United StatesMar 30
Harvest Lab TechBoisset CollectionSanta Rosa, CA, United StatesMar 30
Fine Wine SalespersonMa(i)sonry Napa ValleyYountville, CA, United StatesMar 20
Maintenance Manager for Exceptional Packaging CompanyRecruiting Associates NetworkFairfield, CA, United StatesMar 31
Customer Service RepresentativeRecruiting Associates NetworkAmerican Canyon, CA, United StatesMar 24